1. Satin bottoms. Especially cropped cigarette pants and below-the-knee pencil skirts. The main colours are red, orange (anything warm and bright) and black and white of course.
|Pink Tartan- red satin cigarette pants|
|zara cigarette trousers in red|
|David Dixon- white satin pencil skirt|
photo by me
2. Leather. Neon leather cropped trousers are amazing. If you can find them BUY THEM! Leather pencil skirts or mini skirts are also super important
|The Row- Black leather pants|
|Joe Fresh - neon green leather pants|
|Chloe leather pencil skirt|
3. Mesh/ chiffon blouse. Whether its button-up, long-sleeved, sleeveless, or military-inspired, mesh or chiffon tops are still going strong. It's a good idea to have one in black (it goes with everything), but white, tan, and red are also pretty great.
|Elizabeth and James - chiffon blouse in taupe|
|Pink Tartan- red mesh button-up blouse|
|Maje- silk and chiffon blouse in white|
|Alexander Wang- black mesh blouse, super sheer|
4. Mod dress. If you don't know what a mod dress is... go look it up because if that's the case, I've lost all faith in humanity. (urghh... a shift dress that ends above the knee. sleeveless, three quarter, or long sleeves)
|Sandro- white shift dress|
|Zara - yellow mod dress|
|DKNY- red sleeveless shift dress|
|H&M- black sequin shift|
1. Long hair, natural-coloured. The middle part is still going strong
2. Messy low pony tail
1. Clean face - (obviously...) I mean match your skin tone and keep it clean looking. Example: if your white, keep it white. Don't go crazy with bronzer. Cake-faces are not fun.
2. Red lips
3. Black eyeliner - minimal super 40's style eye make-up. Black eyeliner on top lid, none on bottom and black mascara.
|natural face, 40s eyes, red lips|
1. Black wedges. Super important. If you don't have a pair GO SHOPPING NOW! Wedges with ankle straps are great but so are wedged booties. I suggest getting one of each (oh baby!)
|Steve Madden- black wedge bootie|
|Theyskens' Theory- Black leather wedges with white panel and ankle strap|